With the fall season in full swing, it’s time for some tasty comfort foods and this post’s focus is all about some delicious soups. For our family, we are usually making some type of soup each week as an easy plan for lunches, so we are always trying out some new recipes. Along with the season, some cooler weather brings in the perfect time to share some of our favorite soup recipes with you.
Our Favorite Things About Soup
- Many times, they are filling but also light.
- They are packed full with flavor.
- They are super simple to make.
- They are great for leftovers and a lot of the time they taste better the next day.
- They can be a full meal or an addition to one.
With such great versatility there are almost endless possibilities for the types of soups you can make, which is something we love when it comes to recipe development. From pureed or broth soups to chowders and bisques there is something for everyone. Here are some of the top things we keep in mind when we are coming up with or selecting a soup recipe:
- Seasonal Ingredients: What time of year is it? Can we highlight the season?
- Menu Theme: What is the main theme of our menu? Is it a region or country? Is it a fandom? How can we incorporate it into our plan?
- Preferences (or Restrictions): What do our clients like? What does our family like? Does this fit within their likes or needs?
Enjoy a selection of some of our favorite classic soup recipes. Whether an addition to your lunch or full meal enjoyed for dinner, these soups are packed with flavor! What soup recipe would you like to try next?
Are you ready to take the plunge into meal planning? Join Meal Planning for Busy Parents, our Facebook community where we talk about cooking, meal planning, and all things food! That is where you will find us doing weekly lives and some monthly live demos.