with Hummus and Rice
Vegan Fire Roasted Veggies with Hummus and Rice
A classic Mediterranean dish that's light, fun and full of flavor! We've left out the fresh tzatziki to keep this recipe vegan friendly.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 people
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Grill or Grill Pan
- Food Processor
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon or Spatula
- 1/2 each Zucchini 3/4 inch thick slices
- 1/2 each Squash 3/4 inch thick slices
- 1/2 each Onion large dice
- 1/2 each Bell Pepper large dice
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 each Lemon juice and zest
- 1/4 cup Cooked Rice
- 1/3 can Chickpeas
- 1 each Pita Bread quartered
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Heat your grill or grill pan
- Toss veggies in 1/3 each of the dill, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, salt, pepper and a bit of olive oil. Roast on grill or grill pan, turning occasionally until cooked all the way through. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse together the chickpeas, 1/3 of the garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. If too thick, thin out with a bit of the chickpea liquid and a bit of olive oil. Adjust seasoning and set aside.
- Serve kebabs with the hummus, quartered pita and rice.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 32kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 27IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 5mg