with Asparagus and Sweet Potato
Glazed Chicken with Asparagus and Sweet Potato
The simple glaze on this chicken gives it a whole new flair, perfect for people that want to try something new without straying too far away from your traditional chicken dish.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 people
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- 2 Saute pans
- 2 Sheet Tray
- Mixing bowl
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- 1 each Chicken Breast halved
- 1/4 each Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Stock
- 1-2 Tbsp Flour
- 1.5 Tbsp Thyme chopped
- 1.5 Tbsp Tbsp Rosemary chopped
- 1/2 bunch Asparagus trimmed
- 1 each Large Sweet Potato medium diced
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Olive Oil as needed
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Toss the sweet potatoes with oil, salt, pepper, and a bit of the rosemary and thyme. Spread on a sheet pan and bake until cooked through; about 20 minutes. (Once cooked, pull out and set aside to cool a bit)
- While the potatoes cook get the chicken ready. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme. Heat a saute pan on high, add 1 Tbs oil, and sear chicken on each side. Transfer chicken to a sheet pan and finish in the oven, about 15-20 minutes (until an internal temperature of 165 F).
- In the pan used to sear the chicken add in 1 Tbs olive oil, onion and 1 clove garlic. Season and cook 2 minutes. Stir in 1-2 Tbs flour, pour in the stock and mix together to combine. Bring to a boil and cook a couple minutes until a saucey consistency. Adjust seasoning, remove from heat, and reserve for the chicken.
- Heat a saute pan, add in 1-2 Tbs oil and add in the asparagus. Season and cook 2-3 minutes. Add in the rest of the garlic and toss together. Cook 2 minutes more until the asparagus is tender.
- Serve chicken with sweet potato and asparagus, top with the sauce. Serve and Enjoy!
Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 240mg | Potassium: 301mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1302IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 4mg