Veggie Marinara Pasta
Light, refreshing, and perfect for summer nights when you want something substantial but not too carb heavy. Sauteed veggies give you the healthy carbs and fiber you need to feel full and satisfied.
- Cutting Board
- Chef's Knife
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- 1/2 box Pasta your choice
- 1/2 head Broccoli florets and chopped stems, separate
- 1/2 each Onion diced
- 1 each Carrot diced
- 8-12 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tbsp Thyme dried
- 1 tsp Rosemary dried
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Olive Oil as needed
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Stir in the pasta and cook 8 minutes. Drain and reserve for the sauce.
- Heat a large saute an on medium. Add in 1 Tbs oil and then the onions, broccoli stems, carrot and garlic. Season with salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme. Cook 4 minutes. Add in the diced tomatoes and tomato paste. (use water to get everything out of the diced tomato can, add into the pan)
- Bring to a simmer, stir in the broccoli florets and cook 5-7 minutes. Boccoli should be cooked and still a bright green. Adjust seasoning.
- Toss with the pasta and remove from heat.
- Serve and Enjoy!
The acidity of the tomato will start to change the color of the broccoli so if a bright green isn’t achieved it will still be ok.
Sodium: 283mgCalcium: 145mgVitamin C: 151mgVitamin A: 1368IUSugar: 9gFiber: 10gPotassium: 1026mgCalories: 501kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 3gProtein: 20gCarbohydrates: 102gIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!