with Roasted Veggie Couscous
Vegan Citrus Marinated Tofu with Roasted Veggie Couscous
This citrus marinade brings a level of brightness and acidity that levels out the rich taste of the roasted veggies while still keeping everything light and not too heavy.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Saute Pan
- Sheet Tray
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- Mixing bowl
- Deep Pan or Ziploc Bag
- 4 oz Firm Tofu
- 1/2 each Lime juice and zest
- 1/2 each Orange juice and zest
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Couscous
- 1/4 each Onion diced
- 1/2 each Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 each Squash diced
- 1/2 Tbsp Dill chopped
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Toss the Tofu with oil, salt, pepper, lime and orange juice and zest and minced garlic. Let marinate in a deep pan or ziploc bag for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook couscous per container instructions.
- Heat a saute pan and sear the tofu for 5 minutes on each side, letting each side get a very nice brown and crispy sear.
- In the same pan that you sauteed the tofu in, add a little oil and add in the onion and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the squash, dill and season with salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 2 minutes before adding the bell pepper, adjusting the seasoning to your tastes and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Mix the vegetables with the couscous. Slice the tofu or serve whole over couscous.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 213kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 11gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 7mgPotassium: 72mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 27IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 81mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!