with Rice and Beans
Stuffed Poblanos with Rice and Beans
Fire roasted poblano peppers stuffed with veggies are the perfect southwestern meal, with just the right kick of spice.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Sheet Tray
- Saute Pan
- pot w/ lid
- Small Saucepan
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- 2 each Poblano Peppers
- 1/2 each Zucchini diced
- 1 ear Corn cut from the cob
- 1 each Tomato diced
- 1/4 each Onion diced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Rice
- 1/2 can Beans black or pinto
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1 cup Water
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees or heat up your grill.
- Slice the poblanos in a small T-shape and remove the seeds.
- For the filling, heat a saute pan on medium high heat and add in the onion and garlic. Season with s&p and half each of the oregano and thyme.
- Add in the zucchini, corn & tomato and cook 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon the filling into the peppers and close with toothpicks. Cook in the oven or roast on the grill until tender and cooked through, for about 10-15 minutes.
- Cook the rice.
- For the beans, heat a saucepan on medium heat. Add in the beans and bring to simmer. Stir in the remaining spices and season with s&p. Cook for 5-7 minutes and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve poblano peppers with rice and beans.
For Allergies: This recipe is already top 9 allergen friendly. Make sure to double check labels of ingredients at the store to make sure there is no hidden ingredients or cross contamination possibility. This recipe is also vegan friendly.
Calories: 216kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 5gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 10mgPotassium: 150mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 117IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 13mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!