This recipe proves that chickpeas aren't just for hummus! Hearty without weighing you down, the chickpeas lend a great nutty flavor that compliments fresh sauteed veggies.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- pot w/ lid
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1 each Sweet Potato small dice
- 1/2 each Onion diced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 each Zucchini diced
- 1/2 each Yellow Squash diced
- 1 each Carrot peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp Thyme chopped
- 1 Tbsp Parsley chopped
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Heat a sauce pan, add in 1 Tbs oil and the onions, carrot, and sweet potato. Season and cook 4 minutes.
- Mix in the garlic, herbs, zucchini and squash and cook another 2 minutes. Stir in the chickpeas and bring to a simmer. Cook 15 minutes and adjust seasoning.
- Cook rice for the chickpea bowls.
- Serve chickpeas over rice .
Sodium: 2mgCalcium: 14mgVitamin C: 9mgVitamin A: 481IUSugar: 1gFiber: 1gPotassium: 21mgCalories: 8kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 1gProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 2gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!