Shrimp and Grits with Veggies
We’ve lightened up this classic southern staple to be enjoyed on those hot, summer nights and paired it perfectly with sauteed seasonal veggies. Yum!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 people
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- 10 oz Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Grits
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 each Onion julienned
- 1/2 each Bell Pepper sliced
- 1/2 bunch Asparagus cut into 1 in. pieces
- 2 oz Parmesan Cheese shredded/grated
- 1 tbsp Parsley Chopped, fresh
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Cajun Seasoning as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Heat a saute pan on medium high, add in 1 Tbs oil and the shrimp. Season with Cajun seasoning and salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the onion, asparagus and bell pepper, cook 2-4 minutes. Adjust seasoning and turn heat off once asparagus turn bright green and shrimp are cooked through.
- Heat water with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and whisk in grits. Cook 5 minutes while whisking every so often, add in the parmesan.
- Adjust seasoning, serve with shrimp and vegetables on top. Garnish with parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cajun seasoning is to your preference of heat.
Calories: 491kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 376mg | Sodium: 1573mg | Potassium: 438mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1324IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 575mg | Iron: 6mg