Shrimp and Grits with Veggies
We've lightened up this classic southern staple to be enjoyed on those hot, summer nights and paired it perfectly with sauteed seasonal veggies. Yum!
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- 10 oz Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Grits
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 each Onion julienned
- 1/2 each Bell Pepper sliced
- 1/2 bunch Asparagus cut into 1 in. pieces
- 2 oz Parmesan Cheese shredded/grated
- 1 tbsp Parsley Chopped, fresh
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Cajun Seasoning as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Heat a saute pan on medium high, add in 1 Tbs oil and the shrimp. Season with Cajun seasoning and salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the onion, asparagus and bell pepper, cook 2-4 minutes. Adjust seasoning and turn heat off once asparagus turn bright green and shrimp are cooked through.
- Heat water with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and whisk in grits. Cook 5 minutes while whisking every so often, add in the parmesan.
- Adjust seasoning, serve with shrimp and vegetables on top. Garnish with parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cajun seasoning is to your preference of heat.