Corn Salsa Chicken Salad
A very bright and delicious southwestern inspired salad, flavored with lime and jalapeno. Adding chicken to the recipe gives it a hearty feel.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 people
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Grill or Grill Pan
- 2 Mixing bowls
- 1 each Chicken Breast
- 2 each Lime juice and zest
- 1 each Corn on the cob, grilled and cut off
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 each Red Onion diced
- 1/4 each Jalapeno diced
- 1/2 each Bell Pepper diced
- 1 each Tomato diced
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce washed and chopped
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Heat grill or grill pan to 350 degrees or roughly medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and a bit of oil. Grill on each side 5-7 minutes each, rotating for grill marks. Let cool and slice for salad.
- Season the corn with oil, salt and pepper, grill on each side about 3-4 minutes. Corn will be ready when kernels turn bright yellow in color. Let cool and cut kernels away from cob.
- In a bowl, toss the corn, 1/2 of the garlic, red onion, jalapeno, bell pepper, tomato, and 1/2 of the lime zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper and let rest.
- For the vinaigrette whisk together the other half of the lime juice, zest, garlic, salt, pepper and a bit of olive oil. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Serve the salad with chicken, corn salsa and vinaigrette on top.
Calories: 59kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 773mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 27262IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 3mg