Grilled Chicken and Squash Salad
Spiced and roasted squash is a great addition to jazz up any chicken salad and give it that nice, fall feeling.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Grill or Grill Pan
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Blender or Immersion Blender
- 1 each Chicken Breast
- 1/4 each Butternut Squash peeled, seeded and cut into slices
- 1 bag Salad Greens your choice
- 3 each Radish sliced
- 1/4 each Apple peeled
- 2 oz White Wine Vinegar
- 3-4 oz Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sage
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. (Also make sure you have your grill heating)
- Season the chicken, sear it on each side on the grill (finish it in the oven if needed) cook for 15-20 minutes until and internal temperature of 165 F. Let cool and slice.
- Toss squash with salt, pepper, oil, and cinnamon. Roast butternut squash in the oven until tender. Let cool
- For the vinaigrette blend the apple, sage, dijon, vinegar, oil, salt,and pepper together. Adjust seasoning if needed
- Toss greens and radish with the dressing. Top with chicken and squash
- Serve & Enjoy!
The chicken and squash can be cooked ahead if wanted.