with Green Beans and Carrots
Creamy Mushroom Chicken with Green Beans and Carrots
This creamy mushroom sauce compliments the herbaceous flavors of the chicken, while the green beans and carrots lend a simple freshness that lightens the sauce.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- 2 Sheet Trays
- 2 Saute pans
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- Mixing bowl
- 1 each Chicken Brest halved
- 4 oz Mushrooms button, sliced
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1-2 Tbsp Flour
- 4-5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1.5 lbs Green Beans trimmed, cut into 1 in. pieces
- 1.5 lbs Carrots peeled, cut into 2 in. long medium sized sticks
- 1/2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Olive Oil as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Toss carrots with some olive oil, honey, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Spread on a sheet tray and roast in the oven until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Heat a saute pan on medium high heat and add in 1-2 Tbs olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Sear chicken on each side about 3-4 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a sheet tray and finish in the oven 12-15 minutes until cooked through, 165 F internal temperature. Set saute pan from searing the chicken aside.
- While the chicken cooks heat a saute pan on medium and add in 1 Tbs of olive oil. Add in the green beans and stir. Pour in 1-3 oz (just enough for it to steam) of water to help steam the green beans, cook 2-4 minutes until tender but not mushy (the water should be cooked out). Add in garlic (reserve 1 clove for sauce) and season with salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute and then remove from heat.
- Heat the saute pan from the chicken and add in 1-2 Tbs olive oil. Add in the sliced mushrooms and 1 clove chopped garlic, season, and cook 2-3 minutes. Stir in the flour. Once combined add in the milk while stirring to combine. (Make sure that everything is mixed well together so there are now flour clumps) Bring the sauce to a boil and then reduce the heat, it will thicken to a saucy consistency. Once it thickens turn off the heat so it doesn’t get too thick. Adjust seasoning of the sauce and set aside for when chicken is done.
- To serve: top chicken with mushroom sauce and serve with green beans and carrots. Enjoy!
Sodium: 286mgCalcium: 328mgVitamin C: 65mgVitamin A: 59279IUSugar: 36gFiber: 20gPotassium: 2091mgCholesterol: 6mgCalories: 336kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 4gProtein: 14gCarbohydrates: 71gIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!