with Asparagus and Sweet Potatoes
Roast Pork with Asparagus and Sweet Potatoes
Rich, moist roast pork loin is a match made in heaven with savory asparagus and delicate sweet potatoes.
- Chef Knife
- Cutting Board
- Roasting Pan
- Sheet Tray
- 2 Saute pans
- Mixing bowl
- Carving Knife
- 1 lb Pork Loin or Tenderloin
- 3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1.5 Tbsp Thyme chopped
- 1/2 bunch Asparagus trimmed
- 1 each Large Sweet Potato large dice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Olive Oil as needed
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Mix dijon, garlic and thyme (reserve 1/2 Tbs) together. Add in salt and pepper an a bit of olive oil. Rub on the pork loin, sear pork in a saute pan on each side, and then put the seared pork into a roasting pan. Roast in the oven 25-30 minutes, until the internal temperature is 145 F. Pull out and rest. Slice to serve (Reserve 4 oz of pork for the fried rice recipe).
- Medium dice the sweet potatoes. Toss them with cinnamon, salt, pepper, honey and olive oil. Spread on a sheet tray and bake in the oven 20-25 minutes until they are cooked through.
- Heat a saute pan on medium high, add in 1 Tbs oil and the asparagus. Cook asparagus 2 minutes and then add in the rest of the chopped thyme. Toss together and season. Asparagus will turn bright green and will become tender after about 3-4 minutes. This is what you are looking for on doneness so that they are tender and not overcooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Serve pork with asparagus and sweet potatoes (pan juices for the pork can be used to sauce the pork). Enjoy!
Calories: 111kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 4gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 259mgPotassium: 276mgFiber: 4gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 851IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 58mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!