with Veggie Orzo
Pork Roulade with Veggie Orzo
Now as intimidating as this recipe might seem, it's really not. We've made this as simple as possible but packed full of flavor with garlic, sundried tomato and spinach. Paired with veggie orzo makes this a wonderfully fulfilling recipe.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Butchers Twine or Toothpicks
- Sheet Tray
- Saute Pan
- Mixing bowl
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- 10 oz Pork Loin
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp Sundried Tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 each Lemon juice and zest
- 1/2 cup Orzo
- 1/2 each Squash diced
- 1/2 each Zucchini diced
- 1/2 each Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 Tbsp Dry Thyme
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- For the filling mix the chopped basil, sundried tomato, garlic, lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper together. Set it aside.
- For the pork, remove any silver skin on the out side and any excess fat. Cut lengthwise along the whole loin 1/2 an inch deep. follow that cut around, cutting to make a flat surface to put the filling on. Once flat spread the filling across leaving a 1/4 inch along the edge lengthwise.
- Begin rolling the pork tightly towards that quarter inch. Once rolled completely use twine or toothpicks to secure the edge.
- Roast in the oven until 145 °F, about 30-35 minutes. Let pork rest a few minutes, remove twine or toothpicks, and then slice it.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Stir in the orzo. Cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain and toss with a bit of oil and set aside.
- Heat a saute pan and add in a bit of oil. Add in the squash, zucchini, and bell pepper. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss together and cook 3 minutes. Add in the orzo and toss together. Adjust seasoning if needed and remove from heat.
- Serve pork roulade on top of the veggie orzo.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Calories: 347kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 38gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 85mgPotassium: 804mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 70IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 20mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!