with Rutabaga Mash and Sauteed Veggies
Herb Roast Pork with Rutabaga Mash and Sauteed Veggies
Rutabaga is a root vegetable that we rarely use anymore, even though it's very versatile and delicious. Mashed with potatoes and served with savory herb roasted pork and seasoned veggies, its a wonderful, simple meal that your family is sure to enjoy.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- 2 Saute pans
- Sheet Tray
- Immersion Blender or Stand Blender
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- 10 oz Pork Tenderloin
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary chopped
- 1 Tbsp Thyme chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Sage chopped
- 2 each Potatoes quartered
- 1/2 each Rutabaga peeled, quartered
- 1 oz Butter
- 1/4 cup Milk whole or 2%
- 1/4 head Broccoli florets
- 1/4 each Onion diced
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Season pork with herbs, salt, and pepper. Sear in a pan with a bit of oil on each side. Finish in the oven until an internal Temperature of 145 F, about 30 minutes.
- Put the potatoes and rutabaga in a pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are tender. Drain and puree the potatoes with butter, salt, pepper, and milk. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- In a saute pan heat a bit of oil. Add in the onion and broccoli. Season and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Slice the pork after it has rested a few minutes out of the oven.
- Serve sliced pork with the veggies and rutabaga mash.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Sodium: 214mgCalcium: 124mgVitamin C: 74mgVitamin A: 1095IUSugar: 3gFiber: 3gPotassium: 859mgCholesterol: 126mgCalories: 328kcalSaturated Fat: 10gFat: 18gProtein: 33gCarbohydrates: 9gIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!