with Rutabaga Mash and Sauteed Veggies
Herb Roast Pork with Rutabaga Mash and Sauteed Veggies
Rutabaga is a root vegetable that we rarely use anymore, even though it's very versatile and delicious. Mashed with potatoes and served with savory herb roasted pork and seasoned veggies, its a wonderful, simple meal that your family is sure to enjoy.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 people
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- 2 Saute pans
- Sheet Tray
- Immersion Blender or Stand Blender
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- 10 oz Pork Tenderloin
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary chopped
- 1 Tbsp Thyme chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Sage chopped
- 2 each Potatoes quartered
- 1/2 each Rutabaga peeled, quartered
- 1 oz Butter
- 1/4 cup Milk whole or 2%
- 1/4 head Broccoli florets
- 1/4 each Onion diced
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Season pork with herbs, salt, and pepper. Sear in a pan with a bit of oil on each side. Finish in the oven until an internal Temperature of 145 F, about 30 minutes.
- Put the potatoes and rutabaga in a pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are tender. Drain and puree the potatoes with butter, salt, pepper, and milk. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- In a saute pan heat a bit of oil. Add in the onion and broccoli. Season and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Slice the pork after it has rested a few minutes out of the oven.
- Serve sliced pork with the veggies and rutabaga mash.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 214mg | Potassium: 859mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1095IU | Vitamin C: 74mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 3mg