Sundried Tomato Pesto Pasta with Chicken
We've done a new spin on pesto by replacing traditional basil with savory sundried tomatoes that lends itself wonderfully to perfectly seasoned chicken.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Saute Pan
- Sheet Tray
- Food Processor
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- 1 each Chicken Breast
- 1/2 box Pasta
- 4 oz Sundried Tomatoes drained
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 8 leaves Basil
- 1 oz Parmesan Cheese
- 1 oz Walnuts
- 1/4-1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 each Roma Tomato quartered
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a saute pan on medium high, add in 1 Tbs oil and sear the chicken on each side for 2-3 minutes. Finish cooking on a sheet pan in the oven until an internal temp of 165 F is reached.
- For the pesto use a food processor and pulse the garlic, tomato, sundried tomatoes, basil, walnuts, parmesan, salt and pepper together. Blend in the olive oil to help smooth it out.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente. Drain the pasta and toss with the sundried tomato pesto.
- Top with sliced chicken to serve.
Calories: 956kcalCarbohydrates: 119gProtein: 30gFat: 43gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 376mgPotassium: 2256mgFiber: 12gSugar: 25gVitamin A: 712IUVitamin C: 23mgCalcium: 273mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!