Pasta Puttanesca with Vegetables
Olives and capers bring a briny touch to this slightly spicy tomato sauce and al dente pasta with perfectly sauteed veggies.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 people
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Sauce Pan
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- 1/2 box Pasta
- 1/2 jar Pasta Sauce
- 1 each Carrot peeled and diced
- 1 each Zucchini diced
- 1 Tbsp Green Olives chopped
- 1 Tbsp Kalamata Olives chopped
- 1 Tbsp Capers chopped
- 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Parsley chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Parmesan Cheese optional
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta to al dente. Drain and toss with oil so it doesn’t stick together
- Add in 1 Tbs oil, garlic, olives and capers. Cook 1 minute.
- Mix in the carrot and zucchini, season and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and the chili flakes. Cook on low for 12 minutes, adjust seasoning.
- Toss in the pasta and parsley. Serve with parmesan on top.
If you don’t prefer spicy, just leave out the chili flakes.
Calories: 477kcal | Carbohydrates: 95g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1147mg | Potassium: 814mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1054IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 3mg