Grilled Chicken Pasta
This yummy summer pasta combines hearty sauteed veggies with olive oil and lemon pepper grilled chicken, making sure you're satisfied but not overly filled with heavy food during those hot summer nights.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Grill or Grill Pan
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- Saute Pan
- 1 each Chicken Breast halved
- 1/2 box Pasta your choice
- 1/2 head Broccoli florets
- 1 each Carrot peeled, sliced thin
- 1/2 each Bell Pepper sliced
- 1/2 each Lemon juiced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Lemon Pepper as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Turn on your grill if you are using it.
- Heat a pot of water and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, add in the pasta, stir it and cook about 8 minutes (until its aldente, tender but with a slight bite left). Drain pasta, toss with a little olive oil and set aside.
- Season the chicken with lemon pepper, oil your grill and sear chicken 2-3 minutes. When it releases rotate the chicken to get a cross-hatch mark and cook another 2-3 minutes. Flip chicken and cook 3-5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, internal temperature of 165 F. (Remember that while using your grill you may need to adjust your heat so that it doesn’t get to hot or cold) Once cooked remove chicken from the grill and let rest. Slice chicken for the pasta
- Heat a saute pan, add in 1 Tbs olive oil, and add in broccoli florets and a bit of water (about 2 oz) to help them steam as well to create a bit of sauce and cook 2 minutes. Add in the rest of the vegetables and cook 2-3 minutes, season with a bit of lemon pepper. Toss vegetables together with the pasta and chicken. Juice lemon over top using your hand to catch any seeds and adjust seasoning. Serve and enjoy!
If you don’t have either a grill or a grill pan, you can always sear your chicken in a regular saute pan.
Sodium: 58mgCalcium: 95mgVitamin C: 136mgVitamin A: 1030IUSugar: 6gFiber: 8gPotassium: 731mgCholesterol: 1mgCalories: 532kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 9gProtein: 19gCarbohydrates: 94gIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!