Arugula Pesto Pasta
A new twist on a traditional basil pesto, the arugula gives it a refreshingly sharp bite that compliments the richness of the parmesan and lends itself well to al dente pasta and fresh veggies.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- Food Processor
- 1/2 box Pasta your choice
- 1/2 container Arugula
- 1 oz Walnuts
- 1 oz Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 8 each Grape Tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 each Onion diced
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add in the pasta, stir and cook to aldente. Drain pasta and toss with a little oil so it doesn't stick. Add in the onion, and tomatoes.
- For the pesto pulse arugula, garlic, walnuts, salt, pepper, parmesan and some of the oil in a food processor. Add more oil as needed to combine it all and create a sauce like consistency.
- Toss pasta and veggies with the pesto. Toss in the left over arugula. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Top with additional parmesan if wanted
- Serve & Enjoy!
Calories: 810kcalCarbohydrates: 88gProtein: 22gFat: 42gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 235mgPotassium: 313mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 144IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 211mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!