with Asparagus and Mashed Potato
Grilled Chimichurri Steak with Asparagus and Mashed Potato
This chimichurri sauce is the perfect way to update and brighten the same old grilled steak that you're used to, while keeping things familiar with savory roasted asparagus and creamy mashed potatoes.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Grill or Grill Pan
- Saute Pan
- Mixing bowl
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- 10 oz Steak
- 4-5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1.5 Tbsp Oregano chopped
- 1 Tbsp Thyme chopped
- 1/4 bunch Parsley chopped
- 5 oz Olive Oil
- 2 each Red Potatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 bunch Asparagus trimmed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- If using a grill make sure you turn it on to get it hot for the steaks.
- Pull out the steak so it starts to come to room temperature.
- Quarter potatoes and put in a pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are cooked through. Drain Potatoes and mash together with milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- Mix chopped herbs, 2 cloves chopped garlic, salt, pepper and 2-4 oz olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning. Set aside for after steaks are done.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Oil the grill and sear steaks on each side 2-5 minutes to your preferred doneness. Once cooked pull off the heat and let rest 5 minutes.
- Heat a saute pan on medium high, add in 1 Tbs oil and the asparagus. Cook asparagus 2 minutes and then add in the rest of the chopped garlic. Toss together and season. Asparagus will turn bright green and will become tender after about 3-4 minutes. This is what you are looking for on doneness so that they are tender and not overcooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Serve steak with the chimichurri (the herb mixture) on top and with the asparagus and mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Sodium: 214mgCalcium: 228mgVitamin C: 30mgVitamin A: 2985IUSugar: 8gFiber: 7gPotassium: 1047mgCholesterol: 123mgCalories: 1131kcalSaturated Fat: 27gFat: 105gProtein: 37gCarbohydrates: 18gIron: 10mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!