with Smashed Baby Potatoes and Root Veggies
Gremolata Steak with Smashed Baby Potatoes & Root Veggies
Gremolata is a wonderful mix of garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest and herbs. Its savory, tangy taste is a wonderful companion to simple seared steak and smashed baby potatoes. Root veggies help round out the meal.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Sheet Tray
- 2 Saute pans
- Mixing bowl
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- 10 oz Steak
- 8 oz Baby Potatoes
- 2 each Carrots peeled, medium-large dice
- 1 each Turnip medium dice
- 1 stalk Celery large dice
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 each Lemon zest & juice
- 2 Tbsp Parsley chopped
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a pot, add in the potatoes and water to cover. Cook until tender but not falling apart (about 10-12 minutes). Drain the potatoes and pour onto a sheet tray. Using the back of a cup lightly smash the potatoes so that they crush but don't completely break apart. Drizzle with oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, and 2 cloves of garlic. Roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes on each side to get them crispy.
- For the gremolata mix the lemon zest, juice, parsley, and 1 clove of garlic together. Season and let sit until steaks are ready.
- Heat a saute pan and add in a bit of oil. Toss in the carrots, turnips and celery. Season and let cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Toss every so often.
- Season the steak, sear it on each side in a pan with a bit of oil, and cook until your preferred doneness. Let rest a few minutes and finish with the gremolata.
- Serve Steak on top of the potatoes and mixed veggies
- Serve & Enjoy!
Calories: 400kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 31gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 101mgPotassium: 948mgFiber: 4gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 629IUVitamin C: 30mgCalcium: 66mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!