Vegan Pesto Marinated Veggie Salad
Another tasty and new way to utilize fresh pesto sauce for a light and refreshing meal. We've made this recipe vegan by omitting the parmesan cheese that's traditionally used when making pesto.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Food Processor
- Sheet Tray
- 2 Mixing bowls
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce chopped and washed
- 1/2 each Squash medium dice
- 1/4 each Onion medium dice
- 3 oz Mushrooms medium dice
- 1/2 each Bell Pepper medium dice
- 1/4 cup Basil
- 1/4 cup Spinach
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 oz Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend basil, spinach, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor with just enough oil to bring the pesto together. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Toss the veggies with 1/2 of the pesto and pour onto a sheet tray. Roast until tender, about 12 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Mix the remaining pesto with the balsamic vinegar for the dressing for the salad.
- Toss the salad with veggies and top with the pesto dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 81kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 6gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 34mgPotassium: 929mgFiber: 7gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 27799IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 114mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!