with Tzatziki, Hummus and Rice
Fire Roasted Veggie Kebabs with Tzatziki, Hummus and Rice
A classic Mediterranean dish that's light, fun and full of flavor!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 people
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Grill or Grill Pan
- Food Processor
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Spoon or Spatula
- 1/2 each Zucchini 3/4 inch thick slices
- 1/2 each Squash 3/4 inch thick slices
- 1/2 each Onion large dice
- 1/2 each Bell Pepper large dice
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp Dill chopped
- 1/2 each Lemon juice and zest
- 1/4 each Cucumber diced
- 4 oz Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Cooked Rice
- 1/3 can Chickpeas
- 1 each Pita Bread quartered
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Heat your grill or grill pan
- Toss veggies in 1/3 each of the dill, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, salt, pepper and a bit of olive oil. Roast on grill or grill pan, turning occasionally until cooked all the way through. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse together the chickpeas, 1/3 of the garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. If too thick, thin out with a bit of the chickpea liquid and a bit of olive oil. Adjust seasoning and set aside.
- For the tzatziki mix the yogurt with the rest of the garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, cucumber, salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve kebabs with the hummus, tzatziki, quartered pita and cooked rice.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 68kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 98mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 73IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 71mg