with Green Salad
Turkey Stuffed Portobello with Green Salad
We can all agree that stuffed peppers are delicious, but every once in a while we just want to shake it up a bit and do something different. We change it up by swapping peppers for portobello mushrooms, which makes this recipe hearty and flavorful.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 people
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Saute Pan
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- Sheet Tray
- Mixing bowl
- 10 oz Ground Turkey
- 1/4 each Onion diced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2 each Portobello Mushrooms gills & stems removed, chopped and set aside
- 1/4 each Bell Pepper diced
- 1 each Tomato diced
- 3 oz Olive Oil
- 2 oz Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Basil
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1/2 bag Salad Greens your choice
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat a saute pan to med high heat. Add in the turkey and season with salt, pepper and half of the basil and oregano.
- Break turkey up in pan as is browns. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the mushroom gills and stems, bell pepper and tomato. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning and remove from heat to let cool a bit.
- Stuff the portobello mushroom caps and place on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes until tender.
- For the vinaigrette blend together oil, honey, dijon mustard, vinegar and the remaining basil and oregano. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Toss the salad greens in the vinaigrette and serve on the side with the stuffed mushroom.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 593kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 531mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 571IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 3mg