Orange Chicken Stir Fry
No need to reach for that takeout menu when you're craving Chinese food. Cooking it yourself is a healthier way to get that same great takeout flavor.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Small Saucepan
- Saute Pan
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- 1 each Chicken Breast diced
- 1/4 head Broccoli florets and chopped stems separate
- 1/4 each Onion diced
- 1 each Carrot peeled and diced
- 1/2 each Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 cup Rice cooked
- 1/2 each Orange juice and zest
- 1 pinch Chili Flakes
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 oz Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Cook 1/2 cup rice
- For the sauce bring a pot with the stock, soy sauce, orange juice, zest, honey, and chili flakes to a boil. Make a slurry with cornstarch and 1 Tbs water (mix together). Stir into sauce, it should thicken. Pull off of heat and reserve.
- Heat a large saute pan on medium. Add in 1 Tbs oil and then the diced chicken. Season and cook 4 minutes.
- Add in the onions, broccoli stems, and carrot. Cook 4 minutes. Add in the bell pepper, broccoli florets and sauce.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 4 minutes. Broccoli should be cooked and still a bright green. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve over rice and Enjoy!
- If you don’t like spicy the chili flakes can be taken out.
- For a more complex carb brown rice can be used.
Sodium: 1292mgCalcium: 49mgVitamin C: 68mgVitamin A: 807IUSugar: 11gFiber: 3gPotassium: 323mgCholesterol: 1mgCalories: 257kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 1gProtein: 7gCarbohydrates: 57gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!