with Garlic Rosemary Mash Potatoes and Grilled Veggies
Herb Chicken with Garlic Rosemary Mash Potatoes & Grilled Veggies
Simple, easy and delicious. Garlic and rosemary give standard mashed potatoes a flavor boost while still retaining familiarity. They go terrifically with herb chicken and seasoned grilled veggies.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Grill or Grill Pan
- Potato Masher
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- Small Saucepan
- Sheet Tray
- 1 each Chicken Breast halved
- 1 Tbsp Dry Thyme
- 1/2 Tbsp Dry Oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp Dry Basil
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary chopped
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Milk whole or 2%
- 2 each Potatoes quartered
- 1/2 each Squash sliced 3/4 inches
- 4 oz Button Mushrooms
- 1/2 each Onion quartered
- 1-2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Olive Oil as needed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the chicken with salt, pepper, olive oil, half of the rosemary, 1/2 of the thyme, 1/2 of the oregano and 1/2 of the basil.
- Place chicken on a sheet tray and roast in oven until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- While chicken is roasting, preheat grill or grill pan.
- In a small saucepan heat the butter, remaining rosemary and garlic on low to infuse flavor into the butter. Keep the heat low so it doesn't come to a boil.
- Quarter potatoes and cover them with water in a pot. Bring to a boil and simmer until fork tender. Drain and mash with infused butter, milk, salt and pepper.
- Toss veggies with oil, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and the remaining oregano, basil and thyme.
- Grill the veggies on each side for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Serve Chicken atop mash and veggies.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chicken can also be cooked on the grill or grill pan that is used for the veggies.
Sodium: 121mgCalcium: 56mgVitamin C: 3mgVitamin A: 482IUSugar: 4gFiber: 1gPotassium: 221mgCholesterol: 34mgCalories: 149kcalSaturated Fat: 8gFat: 13gProtein: 3gCarbohydrates: 6gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!