With Veggies and Herb Pilaf
Chicken Piccata with Veggies and Herb Pilaf
We've lightened up traditional chicken piccata by roasting the chicken in the oven instead of frying it. Veggies and herb rice pilaf round out the meal topped with a lemon caper sauce.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- 3 Saute Pans
- Sheet Tray
- pot w/ lid
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- 1 each Chicken Breast halved
- 1/2 each Lemon juiced
- 1-2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Tbsp Capers
- 2 Tbsp Parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup Rice
- 1 Tbsp Thyme chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Oregano chopped
- 1/4 bunch Broccoli florets
- 1/4 bunch Cauliflower florets
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a saute pan on medium high, add in 1 Tbs oil and sear the chicken on each side for 2-3 minutes. Finish cooking on a sheet pan in the oven until n internal temp of 165 F is reached.
- Heat the saute pan from the chicken and add in the stock and mix together. Let reduce 2-4 minutes and stir in the lemon and capers. Cook 2-3 minutes more, adjust seasoning and finish with the butter and parsley.
- Cook the rice, season with salt, pepper and herbs.
- Heat a saute pan add in a bit of oil and add in the broccoli and cauliflower. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add in the garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until tender.
- Serve rice, veggies and chicken. Top the chicken with sauce.
Sodium: 142mgCalcium: 93mgVitamin C: 79mgVitamin A: 1137IUSugar: 1gFiber: 4gPotassium: 336mgCholesterol: 16mgCalories: 259kcalSaturated Fat: 4gFat: 7gProtein: 6gCarbohydrates: 45gIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!