Chicken and Veggie Kebabs with Rice Pilaf
If you’re looking to spice things up on the grill, try cooking up these delicious chicken and veggie kebabs that go great with our zesty rice pilaf.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 people
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Pot and Lid
- Grill, Grill pan or Saute pan
- Bamboo Skewers
- 1 each Chicken Breast or Thighs cut into chunks
- 1/2 each Bell Pepper large dice
- 1/2 each Squash 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1/2 each Zucchini 1/2 inch thick slices
- 3-4 each Mushrooms cut into fourths
- 2 tbsp Dill chopped fresh
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice
- 1/4 each Onion diced
- 1/2 each Carrot peeled and diced
- 1/2 each Lemon juiced
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- 4 each Bamboo Skewers soaked in water
- Toss the chicken with 1/2 the dill, salt, pepper, lemon zest and a bit of olive oil. In another bowl toss the veggies with salt, pepper, dill and a bit of oil. Put chicken and veggies on separate skewers to keep them separated and avoid cross contamination.
- Heat a pot, add in 1 Tbs oil, onion and carrot, season. Cook 2 minutes and then add in the rice. Stir in 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes until cooked. Adjust seasoning and finish with lemon juice.
- On a grill, grill pan or in a saute pan sear the chicken on each side and cook about 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Do the same with the veggies and cook until tender.
- Serve with the rice and enjoy!
Remember to soak the bamboo skewers so they don’t burn if you’re using the grill.
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 99IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg