Spaghetti Squash with Turkey Meat Sauce
For those that are watching their carb intake, spaghetti squash is a wonderful substitute for pasta. Mellow in taste, spaghetti squash pairs great with our turkey meat sauce.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- heat resistant spoon
- Sheet Tray
- Saute Pan
- 8 oz Ground Turkey
- 1 each Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Tbsp Thyme chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Sage chopped
- 8 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 each Onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 each Carrot peeled, diced
- 4 oz Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Half the spaghetti squash and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Rub the squash with some oil, salt and pepper. Bake cut side down for 25-35 minutes until the squash is tender. Remove from the oven and let rest.
- In a saute or sauce pan brown the ground turkey. Season with salt, pepper and herbs. Add in the onion, garlic, and carrot. Cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato products and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Use a fork to remove the strands of spaghetti squash from the outer shell. You should be using a scraping motion to get the strands. The squash can either be served in the shells as a serving dish or it can be put on a plate
- Top with the meat sauce and cheese to serve
Calories: 406kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 50gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 1724mgPotassium: 997mgFiber: 3gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1345IUVitamin C: 25mgCalcium: 751mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!