Seared Steak with Celery Root Puree and Honey Glazed Veggie
A deliciously simple traditional "meat and potatoes" dish.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Sheet Tray
- Saute Pan
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- Blender or Immersion Blender
- 10 oz Steak
- 1/2 each Celery Root peeled and quartered
- 1 each Potato quartered
- 2 each Carrots peeled, medium-large dice
- 1 stalk Celery large dice
- 1 each Turnip medium dice
- 1/4-1/2 cup Milk 2% or whole
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2-3 Tbsp Honey
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a pot, add in the potato, celery root and garlic. Add in water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until veggies are tender. Drain and puree mixture with salt, pepper, butter and milk.
- Toss the carrots, parsnips and turnips with oil, salt, pepper, honey and cinnamon. Roast in the oven until tender, about 12-17 minutes
- Season the steak, sear it on each side in a pan with a bit of oil, and cook until your preferred doneness.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Calories: 483kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 30gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 206mgPotassium: 472mgFiber: 1gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 661IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 52mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!