Seared Chicken with Portobello Risotto
This recipe is as simple as it is easy! Seared chicken, perfectly seasoned, is paired with a hearty, creamy portobello risotto. Delicious!
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- 2 Saute pans
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- Sheet Tray
- 1 each Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 6 oz Portobello Mushrooms 1/2 chopped, 1/2 sliced
- 1/2 each Onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 cups Stock
- 1 oz White Wine
- 2 oz Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Heat the stock on the stove, but don't boil it.
- Season the chicken with spices, salt and pepper. Sear in a saute pan with 1 Tbs oil on each side. Finish in the oven until an internal temp of 165 F, about 20 minutes.
- In a saute or sauce pan add in the butter, onions, and garlic. Sweat them for 3-5 minutes. Add in the chopped mushrooms and rice. Mix together and sweat another 2 minutes and then stir in the white wine.
- Stir in 1/3 of the stock to the rice and stir. (the creamy consistency of risotto is achieved by stirring consistently, so make sure to stir often)
- As the liquid cooks out add in the other two 1/3 portions of stock.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms with the last 1/3 of stock. Finish with parmesan and a bit of butter.
- Serve with sliced chicken on top
If you want more vegetables with the risotto, broccoli or asparagus can be added.
Calories: 632kcalCarbohydrates: 91gProtein: 19gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 1977mgPotassium: 450mgFiber: 5gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 2164IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 361mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!