Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Lunch
This recipe features tender grilled chicken breast served on a bed of crisp romaine lettuce, juicy cherry tomatoes, and crunchy croutons. The salad is paired with fresh fruit and chocolate chip cookie to make a flavorful lunch.
- 1 Salad Bowl
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Grill or Grill Pan
- 1 Plate for seasoning raw chicken
- 1 Chef Knife
- 1 Set Salad Spoons or Tongs
- 1 Blender or Immersion Blender
- 1 Container for salad dressing
- Storage Containers
- Ice Packs
- Lunch Boxes
- 4 each Chicken Breast boneless, skinless
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic mince
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice fresh squeezed
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 large head Romaine washed, chopped
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup Croutons
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- Black Pepper To Taste
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- 2 cups Fruit grapes, oranges, apples, or melon
- 4 each Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the first portion of olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Rub the mixture all over the chicken breasts, making sure they are evenly coated.
- Grill the chicken breasts for about 6-8 minutes per side or until cooked through (165 F). Remove from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes. Then, slice the chicken into thin strips.
- For the Caesar vinaigrette. In a bowl, whisk or use a blender to blend together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, grated Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while blending until the dressing is well combined and emulsified.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the chopped romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, croutons, and grated Parmesan cheese. Toss the salad with the Caesar vinaigrette until all the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Divide the salad into containers and top each with sliced grilled chicken.
- Prepare the Cut Fruit by washing and preparing the fruits of your choice. Cut larger fruits into bite-sized pieces if needed. Arrange the fruit in a sectioned container or small individual containers.
- Pack the Chocolate Chip Cookies in an airtight container.
- Arrange the Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, Cut Fruit, and Chocolate Chip Cookie in a lunchbox or on individual plates.
For Allergies Gluten Free: Swap out the croutons for gluten free or remove them from the salad altogether. Swap the cookie for a gluten free cookie alternative. Double check all ingredients while shopping to make sure they are free of cross contamination. Dairy Free: Swap out the parmesan for a vegan cheese or take it out completely. Check the ingredients on the croutons to make sure they are also dairy free. Swap out the cookie for a dairy free option. Double check all ingredients while shopping to make sure they are free of cross contamination. To add to the salad you could add in cucumbers. Egg Free: Take out the mayonnaise or find a vegan mayonnaise that can be used. Use an alternative type of egg free cookie. Double check all ingredients while shopping to make sure they are free of cross contamination. This recipe is already soy, peanut, treenut, sesame, fish and shellfish free. Double check all ingredients while shopping to make sure they are free of cross contamination. (Some generic or off brands have more cross contamination possibility)
Calories: 449kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 8gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gMonounsaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0.03gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 320mgPotassium: 726mgFiber: 6gSugar: 21gVitamin A: 15274IUVitamin C: 65mgCalcium: 184mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!