Chicken Pesto Pasta
This pasta is packed full of healthy, flavorful veggies and savory pesto sauce. Sauteed chicken makes this dish even heartier and the perfect summer meal.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Food Processor
- Saute Pan
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- 1 each Chicken Breast diced
- 1/2 box Pasta
- 1/4 head Broccoli florets and chopped stems separate
- 1/4 each Onion diced
- 1 each Carrot peeled & diced
- 1 each Roma Tomato diced
- 1 packed cup Spinach
- 12 leaves Basil
- 1 oz Walnuts
- 1 oz Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Stir in the pasta and cook 8 minutes. Drain and reserve for the sauce.
- In a food processor, pulse the spinach, basil, garlic, walnuts, salt and pepper together. Stream in olive oil to blend it into a loose paste. Add in the parmesan cheese. Adjust seasoning. If more oil is needed adjust that as well.
- Heat a large saute an on medium. Add in 1 Tbs oil and then the diced chicken. Season and cook 4 minutes.
- Add in the onions, carrot, and broccoli stems. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli florets and cook 3-4 minutes. Broccoli should be cooked and still a bright green. Adjust seasoning. Stir in the diced tomatoes and some of the pesto.
- Toss in the pasta and fold together. Stir in the rest of the pesto, remove from heat and adjust seasoning.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Calories: 598kcalCarbohydrates: 93gProtein: 24gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 261mgPotassium: 554mgFiber: 7gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 873IUVitamin C: 69mgCalcium: 252mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!