Caprese Pasta Salad Lunch
This Caprese Pasta Salad combines cooked pasta with halved cherry tomatoes, creamy mozzarella cheese cubes, and fresh basil leaves. The salad is dressed with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, creating a light and flavorful dish. Along with cut fruit and chocolate chip cookie, this is a filling and delicious lunch.
- 1 Pot for pasta
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Cutting Board
- Lunch Boxes
- Storage Containers
- Ice Packs
- 8 oz Pasta your choice on shape
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 8 oz Mozzarella fresh, pearls
- 1/4 cup Basil chiffonade
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil or extra virgin
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 2 cups Fruit grapes, apples, oranges or melon
- 4 each Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the cooked pasta and toss in a little oil to help it not stick. Set aside to cool or cool in the fridge.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled pasta, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and chopped basil leaves.
- Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the pasta salad. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Toss all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Prepare the Cut Fruit by washing and preparing the fruits of your choice. Cut larger fruits into bite-sized pieces if needed. Arrange the fruit in a sectioned container or small individual containers.
- Pack the Chocolate Chip Cookies in an airtight container or ziplock.
- Arrange the Caprese Pasta Salad, Cut Fruit, and Chocolate Chip Cookie in a lunchbox or on individual plates.
For Allergies Gluten Free: Use an alternative type of gluten free pasta, and a gluten free cookie alternative. Double check all ingredients while shopping to make sure they are free of cross contamination. Dairy Free: Use an alternative type of dairy free cheese or take it out completely. Swap out the cookie for a dairy free option. Double check all ingredients while shopping to make sure they are free of cross contamination. Egg Free: Use an alternative type of egg free cookie. Double check all ingredients while shopping to make sure they are free of cross contamination. This recipe is already soy, peanut, treenut, sesame, fish and shellfish free. Double check all ingredients while shopping to make sure they are free of cross contamination. (Some generic or off brands have more cross contamination possibility)
Calories: 537kcalCarbohydrates: 68gProtein: 22gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0.003gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 411mgPotassium: 503mgFiber: 4gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 1984IUVitamin C: 55mgCalcium: 428mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!