Butternut Squash Soup
Smooth, creamy and satisfying. This soup is great on its own, or paired with hot rolls.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Heat resistant spoon/spatula
- 8 oz Butternut Squash
- 1/4 each Onion chopped
- 1 each Carrot peeled, diced
- 1 stalk Celery diced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 16 oz Stock vegetable or chicken
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- Pumpkin or Sunflower Seeds optional
- Heat a pot and add in 1 Tbs oil. Add in the onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Season and sweat for 4 minutes.
- Add in butternut squash and cook 5 minutes. Stir in the flour and then stir in the stock. Bring to a simmer and cook 25 minutes on medium low.
- Blend the soup with either a blender or an immersion blender.
- If using a blender use caution and don't over fill or the soup could shoot out when blending.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds.
For Allergies: This recipe is already top 9 allergen friendly. Make sure to double check labels of ingredients at the store to make sure there is no hidden ingredients or cross contamination possibility. This recipe is also vegan if vegetable stock is used. For peanut/ tree nut allergies you may want to skip the pumpkin seeds.
Calories: 144kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 2gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 929mgPotassium: 451mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 12711IUVitamin C: 25mgCalcium: 62mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!